Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Niche Research Method for Affiliate Products

jalupa19
Trust:

Niche Research Method for Affiliate Products

Is there such a thing? Is it necessary? Or do you just pick anything, maybe something you like and build a site, seo it, etc.
I am stuck, mostly I think from too much info and lack of a decisive method, on creating a criteria for profitable niches and am inclined to believe that developing a research methodology is foundational to making a living online as an affiliate. If this isn’t a correct assumption I would love to hear other perspectives. I have a number of courses (I would be embarrassed if I told you how many) with varying degrees of advice regarding market research. Some of the courses complement each other, some contradict but I have yet to see a comprehensive methodology that is efficient and effective for selecting your own profitable niches- not ready made ones given to 100s of others. Maybe its not necessary if you have superior internet marketing skills…? There are so many tools; CB marketplace, cb analytics, cb engine, amazon categories, google trends, market samurai, wordze, yahoo buzz, paypal shops, ezines, etc. I am looking for advice regarding a cracker-jack method that works…or is that wishful thinking? Successful and experienced marketers care to share…thanks in advance for those that do.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi J,
Well this is THE question that people in affiliate marketing ask all the time. That and how to build a site.
You will get a different answer from alot of people because what works for one person will or may not work for another, due to experiences,methods,confidence etc etc..
If I may offer my opinion...
1. Always look at a niche that you are interested in for your first site.
(otherwise it may be like watching paint dry)
2. Choose a high selling niche or a low one.. there are various different thoughts on this process and for and against.
( Make your own mind up on that one)
3. get that site making a profit, even $30 a week.
4. Rinse & repeat for another site, while still building profits on the first.
5. Once making a nice little profit, Outsource to freelancers or staff.
6. Rinse and repeat and start experimenting with a new niche outside your area of likes or expertise.

This post may offer a good perspective.
http://www.skelliewag.org/how-to-pick-a ... way-50.htm

I must say, Mark Ling has helped me with getting off my butt and doing stuff instead of just thinking about doing stuff.
I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable on affiliate marketing because I have read XXXX ebooks, courses etc...
But that's what I was doing, looking for that next big shiny object that was going to be THE one to get me to where I wanted to go.
I didn't want to start because what if I wasted my time on doing something and it didn't work and I lost more money.
Well, I think I would have made more than I lost if I just started and learned from what works and what doesn't work for ME.
"A journey of a hundred miles start with one footstep at a time."

That's my little rant for the night..lol
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
chrisgoddard
Trust:
Troy you made some really good points... good advice.

I'll just add a few comments. First, don't be too concerned about using every tool that's out there. You'll find that most successful affiliate marketers just have a handful of tools that they use because they've found the ones that work best for them. Start with the simple tools like the ones we have on our site, and good staples like Google Analytics.

Picking a niche can be hard work, but I think that you might need to just get a good start in one to build up some experience and confidence... then the next one you'll do better, and the next one even better!

Now I'm not trying to shamelessly promote Affilorama's products, but if you are trying to find new niche markets, you might find the Affilorama Premium Magazine useful - every month Mark personally recommends a 'Niche of the Month', so you might want to consider looking at that: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

Also, check out this "Ask Mark" video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URpL9SdllVY
PremiumMember
chrisgoddard
Trust:
Troy you made some really good points... good advice.

I'll just add a few comments. First, don't be too concerned about using every tool that's out there. You'll find that most successful affiliate marketers just have a handful of tools that they use because they've found the ones that work best for them. Start with the simple tools like the ones we have on our site, and good staples like Google Analytics.

Picking a niche can be hard work, but I think that you might need to just get a good start in one to build up some experience and confidence... then the next one you'll do better, and the next one even better!

Now I'm not trying to shamelessly promote Affilorama's products, but if you are trying to find new niche markets, you might find the Affilorama Premium Magazine useful - every month Mark personally recommends a 'Niche of the Month', so you might want to consider looking at that: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

Also, check out this "Ask Mark" video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URpL9SdllVY

This topic was started on May 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.