Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Niche and Gravity.

pierrorider22
Trust:

Niche and Gravity.

Hi guys, I have a quick question.
I am about to start my first affiliate marketing experience via Clickbank.

Would you advise me to pick up a product with a very high Gravity or one with a low Gravity and mostly, why ?

At the minute I put my eyes on a product that has a Gravity of about 400. Would that be a bit easier for me as a newbie to promote a product with such a high gravity number ?

As well, I struggle a bit with my list of keywords related to the product.
Since they are digital products, I find it a bit harder to classify....

By example, what keywords base would we choose for a product call Tube Launch ? Could that be "Video Marketing Training System ".
Would that be acceptable ?

I am new and I don't know if I am doing the right things.
Please let me know before I go completely wrong and advise me with your experience !!

Thanks a lot.
Pierre
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Pierre,

Would you advise me to pick up a product with a very high Gravity or one with a low Gravity and mostly, why ?

Gravity is one of the factors to consider when picking a product to promote. A high gravity means a lot of affiliates are promoting that product and are making sales off it. This does not necessarily mean products with low gravity don't convert. It's possible these products are new (i.e. recently launched) or are converting but does not have a lot of affiliates promoting it, so the sales aren't as much.

You can promote 2-3 products within the same niche, so you can go after the product with high gravity and a product with lesser gravity.

As well, I struggle a bit with my list of keywords related to the product.
Since they are digital products, I find it a bit harder to classify....

By example, what keywords base would we choose for a product call Tube Launch ? Could that be "Video Marketing Training System ".
Would that be acceptable ?

Yes, that would be acceptable for that product. If you are having difficulty with building a keyword list for the product, try searching the sales page for the product. Look at the sales page and what issues are resolved by using the product. You can then make those as your target keywords.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

pierrorider22
Trust:
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question :

I am following the Affiloblueprint courses and after reading and getting a lot of information, I m just wondering which niche would be the best to start with. I appreciate that it is always a tough choice, but Mark said that it would help to choose a niche that is related to your personnal interest.

Now I have choose to focus on Clickbank, and sell digital product. I choose a product that I think has a good potential, but it is not a niche that I particulary know.

I choose the product, but does that mean that I am going to have a website entirely dedicated to the niche, and really spend time to build it, or can I have just one page, like a review or other that would go straight to the point and promote this specific product ?
I hope that the question makes sense and that someone can help, cos there is a lot of time to invest and want to do thing right !

Many Thanks.
Pierre
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Pierre,

Having a "thin" site where you only have a few pages of content on your site used to work. But since the Panda and Penguin updates, no so much. It's best to pick a niche and build a site dedicated to that niche. That way you can promote not just one but several other products within that niche.

Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

tankctrlr
Trust:
Yup it used to be good to build one small 'micro' niche site and focus on one product, but now we have to build an 'authority' niche site BUT in doing so we get to promote lots of relevant products/services which is a good thing.

I would go with a niche that at the very least, you will not get sick of building after a few months lol. Otherwise you're going to not feel motivated to build it, especially when you hit any hurdles along the way.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

cecille.l
Trust:
I would go with a niche that at the very least, you will not get sick of building after a few months lol. Otherwise you're going to not feel motivated to build it, especially when you hit any hurdles along the way.

I agree. We recommend that you pick a niche you have an interest in, or are knowledgeable in. This makes research fun. You can pick a niche you know nothing about, but make sure that you are interested in finding out more about it so that research won't be tedious.

Cecille

pierrorider22
Trust:
Ok Thanks guys.

Can I start with a sub niche and start to promote let s say two product from clickbank, and grow up step by step ?

Cos to be more precise, the niche that I picked is E Business E Marketing, and the sub niche is How to make money from home.

So now I have a lot of interest in that genre and sub genre, but I am far from being a Guru on E business , hence my post on this lovely forum !

So if you guys think I can still do it, let me know, or if you think of any other options too.
Cheers.
Pierre.
pierrorider22
Trust:
While doing the course of the AffiloBlueprint, is this possible to choose a niche and 3 products of this same niche, to extend the amount of keywords ?

Cos I find it extremely hard to compile more than 100 hundreds keywords just down to one Clickbank product . Plus I end up having a poor amount of differents categories (around 4), where Mark recommend about 10 !

Cos for me, and when i started, I thought that we were picking up only one product and we were promoting it to get commission.

Now I realise it is a bit more complicated and need help really !
Thanks !

This topic was started on May 13, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.