Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Market research on possible topics?

nelcomx
Trust:

Market research on possible topics?

Hi,

Newbie looking to be pointed in the right direction

I've got a few topics short listed.

mixed martial arts
personal development
personal fitness
credit cards

so do you always pick the topic first then research, or do research and find the most profitble topics? (hope that makes sense)

trying to get my head round keywords, I presume if I type in the topic above there will be loads of competition for these words, so I d look for words that relate to the said topics that people may use to search for these topics, and then use them in the text of my website?

there seem to be reocurring themes in regrad to the topic that people talk about it either seem to be pet training or some kind of langauge or instrument topics, why is this? are these online market massive?..should I be doing the research to find out, or is it a few out of 1000's ?

cheers

James
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nelcomx wrote:Hi,

Newbie looking to be pointed in the right direction

I've got a few topics short listed.

mixed martial arts
personal development
personal fitness
credit cards

so do you always pick the topic first then research, or do research and find the most profitble topics? (hope that makes sense)

trying to get my head round keywords, I presume if I type in the topic above there will be loads of competition for these words, so I d look for words that relate to the said topics that people may use to search for these topics, and then use them in the text of my website?

there seem to be reocurring themes in regrad to the topic that people talk about it either seem to be pet training or some kind of langauge or instrument topics, why is this? are these online market massive?..should I be doing the research to find out, or is it a few out of 1000's ?

cheers

James

Dog training and language are just examples used in the videos... there are hundreds of profitable markets. You have your direction correct yes.... pick a market you are interested in then use research to see if it is worth pursuing. The keywords that people search for will be used in the titles and words on your pages yes.
nelcomx
Trust:
Thanks Adrian,

Thats what I thought but I, thought I better check! lol

But what about the question of too much competition can this apply to affiliate marketing in term of what topic to pick?

do you have any website up and running yourself, and if so how are they doing?

I know the potential of the internet as a mean of make a substantial income, and like any business, it's what you put in that you get out. Are there any examples of member here that have used the techniques on Afiliorama and are now earn an income out of it?

are the any kind of minimum ROI that one could expect assuming there website is on point and there SEO is up to scratch?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I know this one guy pretty well who makes a full time living on here ;)

As for ROI, that's pretty hard to say from where I'm sitting.

If you're doing SEO on sites, you'll find you spend a lot of time and/or money on them at the start, but after a while they don't take too much time or money to keep them bringing in the cash.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

nelcomx
Trust:
Is that you, or are you talking about Mark? lol

I'm just trying to get an idea of the effort and funds need to start getting money back once you have started spending, just so I can keep my expectations real. how has your experience been so far? It would be nice to see that others have been successful as well. Any words of wisdom you can drop on me?

cheers

James
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Me :)

As for the funds, the more you have to start with, the more stuff you can get outsourced and the quicker you can build up momentum.

And as for words of wisdom, just get at it and go hard.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world