Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Keyword research question

swordsedge89
Trust:

Keyword research question

See if the keyword research provides any insights into who is searching for these products/solutions and why.

Does anyone know way of finding this information?
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi swordsedge89,

I am not sure if I get what you mean but you're asking if keywords can target users who are searching for products or services, is this correct?

The answer to this is yes. That is why keywords are important in targeting your market. You can search for the right keywords using Google Keyword tool or other keyword/SEO tools like Traffic Travis.

I suggest you choose keywords that have the following: emergency keywords, buyer intent, product keywords, and author names in keywords. These are the kind of keywords that help you target the right market.

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

mbeelow
Trust:
Above all, keyword research deals with a number of searches, a number of result pages and an estimation of completion level for every keyword. So, I don’t really know is there any super reliable way to find out the precise information about what kind of people are searching for this very keyword and why.

But I believe there is a way around method to do that. Thus you can obtain some information by having a closer look at sites that already rank well for keywords you’re targeting. For instance, site’s content, blog or forum section may actually reveal what kind of characteristics the target audience has, and after studying a number of sites this way you will come up with valuable insights about your (potential) customers.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Mary and Max are right, you should try to do, not just Keyword Research, but also Market Research, the difference is when you do keyword research you are doing the numbers/stats research, i.e. search count, strength of competition etc. and when you do market research you are researching who is using that keyword and why.

So if someone typing in "XYZ Jogging Stroller" is looking for a jogging stroller, who are they?
A Mom most likely, someone who runs to stay fit, needs to be able to take her child with her because she cannot always get a baby sitter and needs to take baby out with her on runs, shes a Mom so safely first!

You can now build an image of WHO is coming to your site, and then connect with them better through your content and marketing.

Ads: XYZ Jogging Stroller
Safely Take Baby With You,
All Terrain, Get Running Now!

Headlines: Don't Leave Baby Behind Check Out The All New XYZ Jogging Stroller

Follow Ups: (If they purchased)
-XYZ Jogging Stroller To Big for the City? Check out the Ultra Portable ABC Stroller

Copy:
Dirt roads are no match it's all terrain and..
Miss judge the weather Mom? Not a problem because..
The wind is kept out of baby's face..
Reclines for maximum comfort..
Folds up so easy even Daddy could do it..
Your gonna want the swivel front wheel because..
Baby will be strapped in with a 5 point harness that would make a race car driver jealous..

It is amazing how much you can learn from just reading conversations on social media sites. Like someone who asked: "is it possible to pull and fold the DOUBLE city mini using just one hand?", why would they need just one hand? Are they caring items in the other? For your copywriting: "one handed fold up with the xyz stroller". (BTW The DOUBLE city mini needs two hands, if your wondering lol.)

And I'm a single guy with no kids, and know nothing about strollers. lol
All the answers are out there let's find them and apply them to our businesses.

.Andrew.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

swordsedge89
Trust:
tankctrlr wrote:Mary and Max are right, you should try to do, not just Keyword Research, but also Market Research, the difference is when you do keyword research you are doing the numbers/stats research, i.e. search count, strength of competition etc. and when you do market research you are researching who is using that keyword and why.

So if someone typing in "XYZ Jogging Stroller" is looking for a jogging stroller, who are they?
A Mom most likely, someone who runs to stay fit, needs to be able to take her child with her because she cannot always get a baby sitter and needs to take baby out with her on runs, shes a Mom so safely first!

You can now build an image of WHO is coming to your site, and then connect with them better through your content and marketing.

-XYZ Jogging Stroller To Big for the City? Check out the Ultra Portable ABC Stroller

Copy:
Baby will be strapped in with a 5 point harness that would make a race car driver jealous..

It is amazing how much you can learn from just reading conversations on social media sites. Like someone who asked: "is it possible to pull and fold the DOUBLE city mini using just one hand?", why would they need just one hand? Are they caring items in the other? For your copywriting: "one handed fold up with the xyz stroller". (BTW The DOUBLE city mini needs two hands, if your wondering lol.)

.Andrew.

Interesting, thanks for sharing :)
swordsedge89
Trust:
marytordecilla wrote:Hi swordsedge89,

I am not sure if I get what you mean but you're asking if keywords can target users who are searching for products or services, is this correct?

The answer to this is yes. That is why keywords are important in targeting your market. You can search for the right keywords using Google Keyword tool or other keyword/SEO tools like Traffic Travis.

I suggest you choose keywords that have the following: emergency keywords, buyer intent, product keywords, and author names in keywords. These are the kind of keywords that help you target the right market.

Mary

Sorry for not explaining clearly. Like Andrew mentioned, I was also looking into market research :) Like demographics, I can put a website address in and decide what group of people visiting a site most. I heard Alexa can do that but can't figure out. Like age group of people most visiting, male or female etc.

The 4 types of keywords reply helps for finding buyers intent, thanks :)
tankctrlr
Trust:
Try http://www.quantcast.com for demographics and other metrics. You can try and find similar sites and read the data from what comes up for them and use it as a measurement as to what type of traffic a keyword they are ranking for will get.

.Andrew.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

swordsedge89
Trust:
tankctrlr wrote:Try http://www.quantcast.com for demographics and other metrics. You can try and find similar sites and read the data from what comes up for them and use it as a measurement as to what type of traffic a keyword they are ranking for will get.

.Andrew.

Thanks man you rock :)
el_kraken
Trust:
tankctrlr wrote:Mary and Max are right, you should try to do, not just Keyword Research, but also Market Research, the difference is when you do keyword research you are doing the numbers/stats research, i.e. search count, strength of competition etc. and when you do market research you are researching who is using that keyword and why.
WOOOOOOOOOOOW you are a master!!! i NEVER thought about this way, it is true, if somebody ask something, DON´T think in the question itself, but in the reason of WHY? is this person asking this, then all kind of ideas will come by themself just like a beautiful keyword parade, just like it happened to me when i first readed your post

Copy:

.Andrew.

This topic was started on Mar 05, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.