Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Domain Name Importance

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:

Domain Name Importance

Hey you all,

How important is it to have a .com vs like a .co or .net or .org
If you have a killer keyword that has low competition and very high global monthly searches, would it be ok to go with a .co, .net....etc.

Thanks!
Jason
marketing29
Trust:
It is important to have a domain name because it helps in improving your marketing and to have a contact with you.
mamagy
Trust:
Hi Jason!
As far as I have seen different opinions, tendency is that domain name, especially exact match domain name isn't that important anymore.
I personally would suggest to go with a .com, it has worked out for me the best, it's easiest to remember. .co is a little tricky, people may hit .com instead. .org should be fine too.
I think that domain name should be easy to read, easy to remember and hard to mix up with something else. And match with the topic of site's content. I have gave up with exact match domains and gone with .com's only. As far, it has worked out nicely.

Mait.
PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Thanks for the input. I tend to agree. Think we will just stick to the .com for our next website.

Thanks
Jason

How are your websites going?
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
I totally agree with marketing29. Yes, it is very important to own a domain. Most free website builders also allow you to open with a free sub-domain and then upgrade later.
nhduy_tom
Trust:
I've read different opinions on this topic, most of them says that domain name doesn't play an important role in SEO anymore ( as Mait stated above )

But, as domain is like address to your site, so, it has to be :

_ Keyword-oriented : yes, it doesn't play an important role in SEO, but it's still beneficial.

_ Easy to remember

_ Use .com, .net, .org : they're more common to customers than others ( big companies' sites often use these extensions )

_ Match to the site's content
www.onlineincomebulb.com - Your way to online business, My way to indie game designer's dream

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.