Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Bugging question about keyword researching

kashcheck
Trust:

Bugging question about keyword researching

Hi guys,

I'm currently doing up a list of keywords for my site. I understand the theory of targeting for competitive words to less competitive words from my homepage to the articles.

Now the bugging question is, say my articles are on a different focus but somehow related. For example, say my site is on making pies (keyword: pies). Then I have Category 01 on selecting ingredients for the pie (keyword: selecting pie ingredients). Then I would like to go on providing information on how to choose a good carrot (Article 01) under the Category 01 which is like almost a different focus (keyword: ???).

So in the above example, I would like to know at this point should I just change my topic on Article 01 to qualify for Category 01 targeting keywords or should I try to fit the keywords around Category 01 into the article or should I be targeting another keyword in Article 01 as the content in Category 01 is mainly on ingredients rather than pies?

I'm not sure if anybody could understand what I'm trying to say. Seems a little complicated. But I guess the ultimate question is does the whole website (many different pages) revolve around the one broad topic focusing on the different keyword phrases it can generate? Or should the keywords in articles be based on their main content? Or maybe I am confusing myself here?

Thanks,
Theresa :P
Last edited by kashcheck on 13 Dec 06 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
sometimes you'll write an article that is not keyword optimized as it can look strange to have every single article based on high traffic keywords. it's just not natural.

When you do optimize for keywords, then yes the lower level articles in a silo should be to do with things that can be categorized under the higher level category (see master plan strategies section on affilorama).

It was difficult deciphering your question though, perhaps I might not have answered what you were asking.

All the best!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kashcheck
Trust:
I've read quite a bit about the silo structure, that's what I'm trying to implement. It's this part that I'm confused about. All the examples I've seen are mostly on pretty specific topics. What I want to do here is to provide some raw information in some of my articles. It does seems very weird if I try to insert keyword phrases that I'm targeting for homepage in them and try link to another article. That's my bugging question.

The homepage is able to link to the categories but under the categories are articles more on raw information to support the categories. So I'm wondering if the categories calls for another group of keywords to be targeted? Hope someone can clarify things a bit?

Sigh,
Theresa :(
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You can optimise the categories for what they are. They are your 2nd tier keywords.

In the pie case, pies is your first tier. Ingredients is your 2nd tier, along with all the other categories. So you would optimise the ingredients page for "ingredients" assuming that people are searching for "ingredients". It all depends on what people are searching for.

Does that help?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

kashcheck
Trust:
Oh..that certainly clears the air. I thought the keyword phrases I'm targeting should have the broad term keyword in them. As I've seen in almost all the examples and case studies, they all have this same pattern. And I thought I have to follow this strictly because of the common trend. Appreciate the explanation. Now I can generate my keyword lists in peace.

Thanks,
Theresa :D
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Goodstuff :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world