Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

The Green Energy niche

kenc138
Trust:

The Green Energy niche

Hi Everyone

I've decided to start promoting the green energy niche. The gravities seem pretty strong 200+ for 3 of the products. Those of you who have promoted green energy, do you have any advice? I've noticed there are quite a few "scam" complaints and this always concerns me. I simply won't promoted a product that doesn't give a good user experience.

Any thoughts on this niche from those who have tried it?

Thanks!

Ken
devintx
Trust:
Hey Ken,

One of the things to think about when you see gravity of 200+ is that there will be *tons* of competition. I'm not telling you to stay away, but know that you've got a steep mountain to climb if your looking at doing SEO.

Some of the products in that niche are ok, some are trash, just like any niche in Clickbank. Email the owner of each product for a review copy so you can find out, about half will send you a copy. The rest you can buy through your affiliate link.

Good luck!

-Devin
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

kenc138
Trust:
Thanks for the reply Devin. I'm glad you mentioned SEO. This site was going to be straight PPC. Thanks for confirming...hopefully all goes well.

Regards,
Ken
paulie69
Trust:
Naaah...actually a high gravity is an indicator of a healthy market with lots of active buyers! So I'd say go for it! Be positive and you WILL succeed.Good luck asking for review copies though - especially if you're a new affiliate - in which case I'd say don't bother wasting your time. It can be very difficult and you're sometimes lucky if you receive a reply!

You definitely have the right thinking. Only choose products you have faith in. It's a credibility thing. I started to promote a particular product in the green energy niche but shortly after started reading about so-called complaints so I dropped it immediately. Sure I could have made sales but having a clear conscious is much more important to me. Being ethical is number 1.
jonmartinez
Trust:
Ken,
Keep in mind that, as with any other Clickbank product, the buyer has 60 days to request a refund in full. I think that gives the actual buyer plenty of time to check out the product and see if it was worth their money.

The refund rate of any product is important to consider when choosing what product to promote. If a product is refunded, you don't get your commission.

Particularly, I have found that GreenDIYEnergy converts much better than Earth4Energy, even though Earth4Energy's gravity is higher. GreenDIYEnergy claims to have a very low refund rate as well.

Good Luck!
Jon
kenc138
Trust:
John and Paulie,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your insights and will use your advice to turn profitable!

Regards,
Ken
robynm
Trust:
I am in this niche and have had no refunds, I promote 5 products and 4 are doing well.

I had replies from most product owners except earth4energy, but have had a few sale of that product anyway.
hope that helps

enjoy!!!
sandi123
Trust:
Thanks for all of the information you have provided. I'm interested in this niche as well and your advice is very helpful. Any other information would be appreciated as well!!
Sandi Etheredge

jono5
Trust:
Well, I see that this is an old Topic but I am thinking about getting into this Niche....i could go through my thought process but was hoping those of you out there could give me a thumbs up or down....
Thank you for your time...

Well I Went ahead and Got my Domain from a [url][code]Real Green Company[url] greengeeksdomains.com[/url]. I would love a tip or 2 from others in the Niche if Possible....Off to watch Video 2b week 3.....
Fear is the mind killer...after it has past only I will remain....

This topic was started on Jun 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.