Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Choosing a product on Clickbank

zsoltm78
Trust:

Choosing a product on Clickbank

Hi guys

When I'm choosing a product on clickbank to promote, how can I tell if it's a really good product to promote? Especially when it comes to ebooks about traffic, affiliate marketing… etc. I know that, the high gravity score means that lot of affiliates making sales, but that can be the results of a good sales letter, and other aspects like good web content what can get the attention of the potential buyers. A lot of products has 8 weeks of money back guarantee policy, which means that even if I make sales, there's a good chance for refund, and of course loss of commissions.

Or I just should go and buy all the products I'm interested in promoting, try out for 8 weeks to see if it's really worth the money and than start to promote them? That would be really time consuming and of course money consuming too.

How can I be sure, that as an affiliate I really get paid by the vendor, every time somebody purchase a product through my affiliate link?
What if the buyer's pc doesn't accept cookies, or delete the cookies?
Sometimes I wonder if I made any sales, and I don't even know about. How can I make sure? On one of the products I used to promote through adwords, I got like 300 clicks, and I made only 4 sales, even if the keywords were specific to the product. That brings me to the reasonable doubt if I get paid or not by the vendors when someone purchase the product through my affiliate link.

Thanks
zsolt
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
zsoltm78 wrote:Hi guys

When I'm choosing a product on clickbank to promote, how can I tell if it's a really good product to promote? Especially when it comes to ebooks about traffic, affiliate marketing… etc. I know that, the high gravity score means that lot of affiliates making sales, but that can be the results of a good sales letter, and other aspects like good web content what can get the attention of the potential buyers. A lot of products has 8 weeks of money back guarantee policy, which means that even if I make sales, there's a good chance for refund, and of course loss of commissions.

Having a good Clickbank gravity (at least 30) would be enough in choosing a product to promote

zsoltm78 wrote:Or I just should go and buy all the products I'm interested in promoting, try out for 8 weeks to see if it's really worth the money and than start to promote them? That would be really time consuming and of course money consuming too.

You could ask for a review copy from the merchant if you already have a website. Or you could do some research and check the feedback on the product.

zsoltm78 wrote: How can I be sure, that as an affiliate I really get paid by the vendor, every time somebody purchase a product through my affiliate link? What if the buyer's pc doesn't accept cookies, or delete the cookies?
Sometimes I wonder if I made any sales, and I don't even know about. How can I make sure? On one of the products I used to promote through adwords, I got like 300 clicks, and I made only 4 sales, even if the keywords were specific to the product. That brings me to the reasonable doubt if I get paid or not by the vendors when someone purchase the product through my affiliate link.

You could use Clickbank analytics to track sales made through your link.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
anne
Trust:
Newbie here..How can I opt out of a product? I realize when an account with clickbank is stagnant it accumilates fees. ...not fully understanding the extent of having to research a product, I had already clicked on "promote this product". Now as I have continued further in the training I'm starting to get more insight into the product and realize it's not panning out too well even though its gravity etc was good. or can I just choose another which hopefully will make money creating cashflow in that clickbank account and cancelling any fees?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Anne, you can promote as many CB products at a time as you want. You don't have to limit yourself to just one. In fact, the more you're promoting, the greater the chances you'll have of eventually getting through the stagnant account fees... if you can get enough buying traffic to your sites, that is.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
anne
Trust:
Thanks gradyp..even if I dont choose to go ahead with promoting the products I've already clicked on to promote, there will be no penalties? So long as I have other products that are selling to keep up the cashflow in the CB account
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You are not penalized if you decided not to promote a certain product that you have already registered with. But if your account in Clickbank is not making any sales at all or dormant (no earnings for 90 days and more) you are charged $1 per pay period after 90 days, $5 per pay period after 180 days and $50 per pay period after 365 days of no earnings.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
anne
Trust:
Fantastic, thank you, that's what I wanted to know. :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing around the dormant fees that I found, rbills count towards the activity on your account, although they dont help with the payment threshold. So, if you have even 1 rebill, (where you get paid every month) it will keep activity on your account, and you wont be charged the fee.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

wenching
Trust:
michellerana wrote:You are not penalized if you decided not to promote a certain product that you have already registered with. But if your account in Clickbank is not making any sales at all or dormant (no earnings for 90 days and more) you are charged $1 per pay period after 90 days, $5 per pay period after 180 days and $50 per pay period after 365 days of no earnings.

This is something new. So if I finally manage to earn money over clickbank, better i register a new account with a new affiliate hoplink and replace it? Isn't it better to prevent myself paying the additional charges by clickbank?

This topic was started on Jun 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.