Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Can I Promote Clickbank From The UK?

mdawika
Trust:

Can I Promote Clickbank From The UK?

Hi there,

I was wondering how effective it would be to promote Clickbank products, if you are living in the UK and have a ".co.uk" domain ending. A friend told me that I should have purchased a dot com instead, if I wanted to succeed at affiliate marketing using Clickbank products. Is this true? Are websites ending in dot com more appealing to buyers, or people looking for information, regardless of where they are geographically located? Many thanks.
jjperkins
Trust:
Hi,
it might be easier to rank with a .com than a co.uk, but then we have some co.uk sites that rank better in US Google serps than for the UK so it's not a definite no.
But it might be easier to target your site at your UK audience, if there is a large enough local search volume for your keywords.

Then next time probably go for a .com, which is more of a globally recognised tld.

But yes, being in the UK is not a problem as far as promoting Clickbank products.
Cheers, John & Jillian

mdawika
Trust:
Hiya,

Thanks for your answer, it was a great help.

Bye, Mel
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The information on this article will also be helpful if you want to target a particular country: How to rank high on Google for your targeted country users
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mdawika
Trust:
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.

This topic was started on May 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.