Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Adsense Vs Affiliate Links

laterales
Trust:

Adsense Vs Affiliate Links

I'm just starting up a new project and I am wondering, what do people think of the idea of creating links that look exactly like adsense ads but are your own chosen links? I have just created an ad group that looks exactly like adsense but are my own sponsored links to ClickBank. Has anyone tested this, I'll be your best friend if you share your results! :D
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I've thought of doing that myself but haven't because Adsense has been good to me and it's against Google's TOS to run Adsense look alikes on the same page as the real thing...
Google AdSense programme policies do not permit Google ads to be published on the same web page as other contextually-targeted ads. More broadly, our policy does not permit Google ads to be displayed on the same website as ads that mimic or attempt to be associated with Google ads. According to these programme policies, cbprosense may not be displayed on your site. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

There are a few scripts around that will create look alike feeds for you if you wish to pursue the idea though.

PC
laterales
Trust:
Well when I say exactly... I should of said kind of like with a sponsored links instead of ads by google. I saw something like that actually, ClickBank buddy but I'm talkin just your own ads in the same sort of styles and if that has worked. Would that be affiliate or limited-text links?
Last edited by laterales on 18 Nov 06 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
laterales,

You never know unless you test it right? Maybe someone else will chime in with their experience but as long as you're not putting it on the same page as Adsense, why not give it a test. All markets are different, give it a go, you may be onto something.

Actually... I wasn't going to put Adsense on the site I'm putting together now, I think I'll give it a test and I'll let you know how it works out in a few weeks :wink:

PC
laterales
Trust:
Awesome, Cheers! :P
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Is that your actual pic laterales? If it is, good for you! You don't see too many young girls trying internet marketing these days. Keep it up. As for the clickbank/adsense ads I personally have not tried that. The only evaluation to consider is whether you want to lose a few cents per click vs gaining a sale on a product.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Hi,

I think a product review with clear links to the merchant works better. The reason I say this is because we are always striving to make our Adsense ads NOT look like ads as more and more people are developing "Adsense blindness" (just like Banner Blindness).

However, if you are still interested, there are a lots of software that would extract CB ads and I have a script for one if you like, just PM me.

@
laterales
Trust:
Aw shucks thanks Adrian :lol: I think you are right Alvin, come to think of it I almost never take in Google ads anymore and always appreciate it if they are cleverly blended in enough for me to read them, perhaps that is the key!
alvin
Trust:
Glad I could be of some help. Hey Adrian, Sean, nice to see how you look like. Perhaps laterales' photo started it? :lol:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Looks like it's your turn now too Alvin, don't be shy :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
Just keep staring into my "white noise" screen and you'll start to see my image.... Don't blink, keep staring... :lol:
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
haha
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
:lol: Alvin, what would be really funny is if you could have your image just start to come in through the "snow" * and then quickly disappear into the background again... it would drive people insane trying to make out the image before it disappears.

On a sidenote, you guys and girls are all sooo young. I'm a 40'ish married, mother of three... I may have to borrow one of the Myspace "hottie" avatars (why is everyone so good looking on Myspace?) to keep up with you all :lol: ...nah, I'll just keep my dancing gingerbread man or whatever it is.

Another sidenote, *"snow" is what we used to call "white noise." When I was a kid, waaaay before cable and satellite dishes, many times you would have to watch TV programs through the "snow" - ahhh, the "good old days" :roll:

PC
alvin
Trust:
promocode wrote::lol: Alvin, what would be really funny is if you could have your image just start to come in through the "snow"

Oh, but it does. Just keep staring at it :wink:

Yes, I'm also from that era where we call it 'snow', I was just apprehensive that the young 'uns here might not know it...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
promocode wrote:Another sidenote, *"snow" is what we used to call "white noise." When I was a kid, waaaay before cable and satellite dishes, many times you would have to watch TV programs through the "snow" - ahhh, the "good old days" :roll:

PC

Thanks for clarifying, I knew you old timers would have to be good for something :P
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:
promocode wrote:Another sidenote, *"snow" is what we used to call "white noise." When I was a kid, waaaay before cable and satellite dishes, many times you would have to watch TV programs through the "snow" - ahhh, the "good old days" :roll:

PC

Thanks for clarifying, I knew you old timers would have to be good for something :P

lol...

Snow and nosie are both in my era.

Adrian,