Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

No Sales, what am I doing wrong?

mrsyardbroom
Trust:

No Sales, what am I doing wrong?

My website has been up and running for several years. I've recently updated it and put some new affiliate links but I'm not getting any sales. A few years ago I was earning a fair amount to boost my pension. I let the site run down as I was intending to retire. Now I really need the extra money but I'm not getting a single sale. Some advertisers are getting more clicks than others but they're not converting. Can I get any help through Afilorma? Is there a course or someone I can work with?
softprodigy
Trust:
Change the strategy, and switch to digital marketing platforms, first you have to choose the platform on which your user is present. Accordingly, plan your strategy for that, I will recommend the SEO of your website and also go for the social media marketing as these services are free and you can reach a good number of users that will help you to close the sales.
you can hire a professional for SEO and social media marketing as well.
https://softprodigy.com/search-engine-o ... n-company/
mrsyardbroom
Trust:
Thank you. I don't use digital marketing at the moment. I'll look into it.
oliviaareid29
Trust:
Start with digital marketing. Also, have you been running ad campaigns? If you're willing to invest a little money, opt for Facebook ads. Use tools like AdPlify which can help you to run your Facebook ads on a very low budget. The best part about this tool is that it will track your competitors' ads and decorate your ad to stand out from the rest.
mrsyardbroom
Trust:
Thank you for your advice. I'm considering closing the website. It's been running for about fifteen years and it used to be popular. A lot of people followed me and many of them are still my friends on Facebook. One of them even designed a T shirt so that they could all wear them and be recognised.
I'm considering going into the ebook market and uploading books in public domain to Amazon. I've started with a popular book and will try that first. A word of warning though to anyone who is told it's an easy market and all you have to do is download the book and upload it to Amazon. It isn't as easy as that, in fact it isn't anywhere near as easy as that. Amazon gives very significant guidelines on this type of book. You have to act as a publisher and your edition of the book needs to be significantly different from any other edition.
I've chosen a popular book to start with and so far I've done a lot of research so that I can add biographical notes on the author and a well written chapter on exploration in the 1700's.
To publish the book I needed to write an introduction and a foreward. This meant more research and of course I had to reread the book and format it for Kindle and paperback. Finally I will need to design a new jacket.
This kind of thing is right up my street as I have worked in public libraries and I have had some of my writing published. I have already published my own novels for kindle and paperback and I have done some editorial work as well.
There are people out there who tell you you can earn six figures by simply uploading books to Amazon but they just want your money for an expensive course. I clicked on a link to a live webinar once and it so obviously wasn't live. Afterwards I was bombarded with emails pressing me to sign up for a course and pay hundreds of pounds. No thanks. It may make money or it may not. I'm not spending that sort of money to find out.
ebook publishing is a lot of hard work but I shall give it my best shot.
I hope this is helpful to anyone who is struggling with a website and comes across this thread.
melissahow3
Trust:
Hello, Mrs. Yardbroom As a marketing consultant, I suggest that you should run ads on Google and Facebook and concentrate on targeting customers based on their behaviour and preferences. Additionally, you should improve your website's SEO and research what your competitors are doing to operate successful businesses.
mrsyardbroom
Trust:
Thank you. I'll try your suggestions and hopefully get some more sales.
james5184695
Trust:
You should create a whole new strategy for affiliate marketing as it has been updated and will update in the future also. Affiliate marketing is a category of digital marketing so you also need to understand the basics of digital marketing to boost your ROI(return on investment).
Create ads from Google Adwords and promote them through ads on different social media platforms. Or you can hire a digital marketer.
claudia.barrales
Trust:
maybe you don't have a number of traffic on your website that give you a number of clientes that can buy your product
elisa2
Trust:
claudia.barrales wrote:maybe you don't have a number of traffic on your website that give you a number of clientes that can buy your product

Agree with Claudia.

I have a friend who has had the same situation as you. He has a website about PS Vita Games. As he informed me, what he has done is to have a greater presence on the internet and social networks to achieve those objectives.
Last edited by elisa2 on 17 Nov 22 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

anjalimehta98987
Trust:
You need to revamp your strategy and find out the correct target audiences. If your business is local and works on GMB and social media platforms which are more suitable for your business niche. You can also try paid campaign for instant business growth.
rmagwood24
Trust:
What is your website? You can DM me for help. What have you changed on the site from when you were making money on it, up until now? Is the traffic levels the same? In what ways do you want to monetize the site? Is strictly through advertising revenue, or through Google Adsense and affiliate programs?
Free Book - How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
https://www.newbusiness-success.com

This topic was started on Jun 21, 2022 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.