Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Writing Articles for new Affiliates!

theflyer
Trust:

Writing Articles for new Affiliates!

Hey guys,

I just had to say that one of the most daunting things for me was to write articles for my website. Like many people starting out I don't have the money to be able to pay someone else to write them for me or buy pre made articles online. So writing those articles was SOOOO scary.

But to tell you the truth... its not that bad! I just did what Mark said, pick a topic that interests me and that I know about for my first website and do some research. Now after a week (a week where I work two full time jobs and have a girlfriend to spend time with) I have already written 6 articles!!!! The last one I just finished was a 750 word article that took me 30 minutes!

I just want to tell you guys that you can do it! Its not impossible. Keep going!

Thanks,

Tim
PremiumMember
wajidi
Trust:
Hi TIM,
Agree with you...It is actually not hard to do

Goodluck!

Wajidi
5 Simple Steps To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing: http://www.enterpreneurlifestyle.com

evobilly
Trust:
there is also alot of tools out there to help, writing is the hardest thing for me it seems to be the one thing that slows me down even bringing me to a standstill.

once you are making money i find its the best thing to outsource as it speeds things up heaps, with out outsourcing the work i think it would take years before i would start earning a high income.
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

derek williams
Trust:
Hi All

I found a useful way of getting valuable content was by just picking up a few brochures around your niche and using that to provide inspiration. I had to take my dog to the vet the other day, so I just grabbed a whole lot of brochures whilst there. Really helped with articles for my dog website.

Cheers

Derek
nelsencaleb
Trust:
I have to agree, that article writing is not that hard. 500 words sounds like a lot the first time I heard I'm going to need 30 500 or more word articles then I've also written a whole newsletter series before I've even made it to the email marketing lesson, because I looked at the letters mark was sending me, and other newsletters I was signed up for, and they all had something I noticed in common with each other. For articles though I've written and published 8 and I'm working on about 4 more off and on. Once I'm done, I'm going to have to go back through and beef up the quality of them though. But I would rather have something on my website personally than nothing. I don't know if that philosophy is correct, but I'm going with it..

Also I am trying out the services on the warriorforum.com, and I've ordered another 15 which I'm hoping end up being great! I'm actually going to be a tad upset if they aren't, but luckily I am guaranteed a refund (hopefully).

Excellent topic, I have so much more to say, but it's about time for bed.

Enjoy.

Caleb
michael025
Trust:
Great posts everyone. I agree, article writing isn't difficult, but for me it's just too time consuming. I would suggest outsourcing as it saves me the time I need to do other valuable things such as building my SEO....
faradina
Trust:
For my part, I prefer to write my own articles. What I have done for me, when necessary and when I can afford to, are the nitty-gritty administrative tasks such as keeping track of my schedule and contacts, bookkeeping, file management (I have hard copies of everything possible, I figure it will save me the grief just in case), as well as household chores that I do not like doing (dusting, sweeping, waxing, - all of which trigger my allergic reactions - laundry and ironing, dishwashing).

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Doing things that you like and delegating those that you don't, preferably to someone who likes doing them and is therefore good at them, would be the best way of accomplishing all the things that need to be done.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I usually write my articles for my own sites and outsource or use rewritten PLR articles for building links. since I only dive into niches that I am personally involved with I usually have no problem finding something to say.

One thing that I have done is to stop typing them. I use Dragon Naturally Speaking, speech to text software and can roll out 3-4 articles/hour.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

digiblue
Trust:
Hey James,

I tried using Dragon Naturally Speaking but it just seemed so alien to me to write articles in this manner. How long did it take for you to get use to?? Maybe I need to try it out again.

All the best,

Alex
Last edited by digiblue on 02 Dec 10 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I took to it fairly quickly, but by then, I was already used to speaking out my articles.

When I first started out, one of the things that Mark recommended was using a program like audacity to talk out your ideas and then transcribe them to make articles. I took that to heart, and from the start did my articles that way. I have found that conversational writing works better anyway, so I have a conversation, and by the time I am done, I usually have several articles.

having gotten used to article writing that way, I found transitioning to DNS easy. It wont be perfect when you start out, but even with having to edit them, it saves hours of work. Also DNS is always training itself, so the more you do, and save your user files, the better it will get. Right now, I get about 96% accuracy.

You do have to learn to enunciate, and you have to remember to talk out your punctuation. however, it only took me a few days to get used to it. When I first started, I was freelance writing still, so I was doing a lot of articles every day. That helped get used to it pretty quick.

the thing is, it trained me as much as I trained it. and because of the work I did there, when I do my audio recordings, and videos, I find that I enunciate much better than in my early days before I used it.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

digiblue
Trust:
Sounds good James thanks for sharing your experience. I'm gonna blow the virtual dust of Dragon Naturally Speaking and give it another whirl.

All the best,

Alex
sallykamara2
Trust:
I am new to affilorama, I totally agree with the above points, like everyone said the most part is creating the time without distractions.
Salamatu Kamara

This topic was started on Aug 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.