Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Can I Use Previously Published Articles On A New Site?

rudolf55
Trust:

Can I Use Previously Published Articles On A New Site?

Hi all!

I've got 30 uniquely written articles in the remove adware/spyware niche sitting on my computer doing nothing. I even designed a whole site a la 'Affiloblueprint'. (I'm a an Affiloblueprint 2 member) Now I am not doing anything with these articles + site, as I don't like the process of backlinking and I'm no good at it, so I want to put them up for sale.

However the articles have been online for about a year until I let the domain expire. I was wondering how to check whether they've been de-indexed, and what I'm especially curious about is, whether or not it's possible to use these articles on another site again (put them back online) without getting penalized for duplicate content. I was just wondering if Google stores or deletes the content once it has been de-indexed (if any).

These articles cost me 300$ so you can guess why I'd like to sell them so I can invest that money in a newer project of mine I'm working on.

Thanks for any replies.

Regards Rudolf
tankctrlr
Trust:
I'm no SEO expert but I do think they store it in a 'cache' even if it gets de-indexed, and that cache gets deleted once they try to crawl the page again sometime. I think you can do removal requests in G-webmasters tools, but you said the site is already gone? so you can't really 'remove' anything because there's no URLs to check, maybe you can exact search for the text.

Like: "a sentence here", etc, to see if anything comes up I doubt anything will come up.

There are many sites that can check for you but really they just do google searches, but I could be wrong, I haven't looked at any in years. My writing site uses Copyscape to check every article it's not free though, http://www.copyscape.com/premium.php

You CAN use the articles again in the future on another site without trouble.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

rudolf55
Trust:
Hey thanks for the reply.

I did do a Google search for sentences but it didn't bring up any results. I checked multiple articles and sentences. I guess it's safe to assume that Google has thrown the content in the trashcan?

My only worry is that if the articles are re-used Google will say, hey, that's duplicate content because a site already used that (as if archived by Google).

You mentioned;

"You CAN use the articles again in the future on another site without trouble."

How are you sure about that, if I may ask? Experience?

Thanks. Rudolf.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Well if you look through the google help areas you get the sense that what's really going on is that they want only 1 instance of a piece of content, and they try their best to filter out dupes, so if you remove the content, then you add it back in, it's as if google's seeing and indexing it for the first time. They even say (somewhere) you have 90days after you request a removal to not remove it before it's gone, but after it's gone they show you how to add it back again.

I've never removed content and added it back before but I am currently adding content that is on some thief's site who stole content from us ($4,000 worth), we have issued take down requests etc., and are building a new site with the SAME content that they stole. They used stolen credit cards to 'pay' for articles we wrote and we had to refund the stolen money, so really they stole $4,000 from us (we had to pay our writers from our own pockets) but we have all the articles, so why not put them to use lol, so basically google is going to switch WHO owns the content; which is us, and purge their site listings at least that is how it's supposed to work lol.

I've also used PLR in the past and was really good (when SEO was super easy) at ranking it WITHOUT rewriting it lol it was great, you could even use Ezinearticles.com articles on your site and out rank their pages! my point is there's no PENALTY/BAN for dupes, just FILTERS (unless it's copyrights, illegal stuff, etc.), google wants to show just 1 file in the results/index. If the content is NOT even there, then you CAN add it back in, in my opinion.

not sure if this helps at all.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

liferidergillespie
Trust:
rudolf55 wrote:Hi all!

I've got 30 uniquely written articles in the remove adware/spyware niche sitting on my computer doing nothing. I even designed a whole site a la 'Affiloblueprint'. (I'm a an Affiloblueprint 2 member) Now I am not doing anything with these articles + site, as I don't like the process of backlinking and I'm no good at it, so I want to put them up for sale.

However the articles have been online for about a year until I let the domain expire. I was wondering how to check whether they've been de-indexed, and what I'm especially curious about is, whether or not it's possible to use these articles on another site again (put them back online) without getting penalized for duplicate content. I was just wondering if Google stores or deletes the content once it has been de-indexed (if any).

These articles cost me 300$ so you can guess why I'd like to sell them so I can invest that money in a newer project of mine I'm working on.

Thanks for any replies.

Regards Rudolf

Hi Rudolf,

that's simple, do you have those articles in your system now? Just copy a sentence or two from your article and paste it in Google. Go to all the results to check if your article is there. If NOT, repeat same steps. Or use copyscape to check.

This topic was started on Oct 12, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.