Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Can I plagiarize my own content?

mcgeadenty
Trust:

Can I plagiarize my own content?

Quick question. I am planning to set up another page with a partial copy of my other page, will it be plagiarized?
leadnetwork
Trust:
Another page where, can you clarify? it's important to understand
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
not plaigerized if its your own unique content. plaigerism is when you steal someone elses content and claim it as your own. However, there can be a duplicate content penalty for posting the same content different places. the way to handle this is to take a piece of the older content, and add some new content to it so that it isn't a full exact copy of the same content.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

shaphoezvjba
Trust:
It would technically be self-plagiarism. You would need to rephrase it
juliahale8745
Trust:
Plagiarism generally involves using other people's words or ideas without proper citation, but you can also plagiarize yourself. Self-plagiarism means reusing work that you have already published or submitted for a class. ... Self-plagiarism misleads your readers by presenting old work as completely new and original.

*removed*
Last edited by maryt on 22 Apr 21 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming

leadnetwork
Trust:
If it's your own content it will not be plagiarism, users just will be able to see it in different places
bracknelson
Trust:
Hello, if you set up another page with a partial copy of your other page it definitely will be plagiarized.
swordseeker
Trust:
I am not sure that it may be called a plagiary if you borrow your own material.
charles.gumbley
Trust:
It won't be considered plagiarism per se, as you are using the content that you personally wrote, so nobody is affected here, but if you use the same or similar content on more different sites on the internet, it can be seen as duplicate content and that would also be a pretty bad thing from the perspective of algorithms, so the better idea would be to try to adjust texts a bit and make slight modifications.

This topic was started on Apr 08, 2021 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.