Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Where does the squeeze page live on your site?

PremiumMember
live4therisk
Trust:

Where does the squeeze page live on your site?

I'm looking to build a squeeze page for PPC and was wondering what the best way to do this.

My main question is do you do your squeeze page like this:
www.example.com/squeeze_page

Because if you do it this way whats to stop anyone from just erasing the text "squeeze_page" and just going to your main website.

That defeats the whole purpose doesn't it...

Or do you just buy another domain name and set it up that way?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
There's nothing to stop the visitor from going to the root of your website by editing what's in the address bar. But just because it's possible, doesn't mean that people will actually do it.

They'd have to be pretty motivated to want to do that, and to be honest, people are pretty lazy when they're browsing the web. If your squeeze page doesn't give them what they want, they can just hit the "back" button. They're more likely to do this than want to go digging through the rest of your site for ***more information*** or something.

The goal with the squeeze page is to remove any unnecessary competing actions, like menus, exciting buttons, etc that might be shouting for attention and dragging people away from your signup. I don't think people are going to be too distracted by the URL of your page :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
live4therisk
Trust:
Thanks so much for the response.

I'll implement it this way now.

Cheers :)
fvaffiliates
Trust:
Yup ... Aletta is right ...

All my squeeze pages are built on my main blog .. also if you are using squeeze page that means, the information you are sharing is not available on your blog/website ...

if the person needs that information/report whatever you are sharing on your squeeze page, he will have to come back to that page only ... no other option...

This is for example ...

I am sharing free ebook using squeeze page ...
like (www.futurevisionaffiliates.com/lcp/jp/index.html)

but assume if the person erases the link (which will not happen) he will land on my blog. Now the two things will happen....

1. I will get visitor to my blog and if he likes the stuff, he will subscribe
2. I already have that eBook (i am sharing using squeeze page) integrated in my blog's side bar and if the visitor clicks that again, he/she will be taken to the same squeeze page...
Shaishav Sood
(An Affiliate Marketer)

publifish
Trust:
Hi there!

Question about the "Squeeze" page. I (think I) understand the purpose.... so that when somebody lands on it, they're semi-forced to sign up. My question is this: What brings people to the squeeze page to begin with? If they find the site through SEO from an article, that will lead them right to the article, right? How would people theoretically happen upon the link to the squeeze page?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me!!! :)
PremiumMember
live4therisk
Trust:
Well you can use the squeeze page in multiple ways.

If you use PPC then this is the ideal situation to use a squeeze page because you want them to sign up to something.

Also, you can put links to your squeeze page in your signatures in forums. So whenever you make a post people have an opportunity to go to your page and sign up.

Another neat trick I've thought if is using it for blog commenting. Because a lot of blog comments are no follow, its the perfect place to put your squeeze page link. Since you don't really care that its a no follow link to your squeeze page.

Hope that helps!
fvaffiliates
Trust:
The main purpose of the squeeze page is to build a list by capturing leads. Yes you are right in saying that people will land on your article if they find that through SEO or whatever way ... but your article need to have a link either to product page or squeeze page. You should not write an article without CTA.

For example:

Say you are promoting weight loss product and want to generate leads in the same niche instead of promoting the product directly...

So what would you do...

1. You will create a squeeze page
2. You will write an article and integrate your squeeze page into it by saying something like "Click here for more information<SQUEEZE PAGE LINK>"...
3. You will do SEO to bring that article into the search results.
4. Someone lands on your article
5. The reader gets interested to learn more about it and clicks the link (basically a squeeze page link) which is integrated in your article.
6. And if the reader thinks that the offer you have on your squeeze page is valuable, they will subscribe

I hope that helps...
Shaishav Sood
(An Affiliate Marketer)

selenamara7
Trust:
Hello, I've read through this thread, which is very helpful, and I don't understand this bit:

' if is using it for blog commenting. Because a lot of blog comments are no follow, its the perfect place to put your squeeze page link. Since you don't really care that its a no follow link to your squeeze pages '

Can someone explain? Thanks.

This topic was started on Sep 18, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.