Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

installing new theme

lil0
Trust:

installing new theme

I am as new and as green as they come. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to install a different "theme" on my home page. Instructions seem to assume I already know a lot about how to find my way around a computer. Not so!
I gave up trying to choose one of the three options that came with my jetpack. Went to a site to choose another option. I've managed to "install" it to my page that lists available themes, but still can't get it loaded on to my home page.
Also, under the section that identifies my available themes, there is a heading called "Broken themes" -- and it says both classic and default are missing a "stylesheet". What the heck does that mean and what am I supposed to do about it??? [If anything]
jennyanne
Trust:
...me too L,same problems & so far Support haven't come up with anything that resolves this..thought this was supposed to be a push-button website solution,this is 3rd. day trying to get it sorted,at this rate I am going to earn nothing from this program...like you I can find my way around a computer until I hit a 'techy' hitch..are we the only 2 on here with this problem? Jenny A
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Ladies, check out this thread here:

post46976.html?hilit=jetpack%20theme%20install#p46976

and the video here:

https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack ... pack-theme

Hope this helps!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jennyanne
Trust:
Thanks Grady..checked out the thread..applied what I could understand..still didn't work + please don't ask me to view that one particular training vid.again, I already know it word for word..so given up on that...taken different route,installed one of the general themes...works a dream,needs some modification,started (so far,so good) now need coffee break to re-engage brain..take heart L..there is light at the end of these damned machines...somewhere !!! Jenny

This topic was started on Jul 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.