Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Critique my website please.

PremiumMember
tinar27
Trust:

Critique my website please.

Hello,
I am trying to bring together information like Healthy MIND/Mediation, BODY/Diet & Nutrition, SPIRIT/Sacred Places and Processes. I will have links to affiliate sites that fall under these categories. So you will find some information but not everything as of yet:

http://myhealthybodyandsoul.com/

Please let me know all your suggestions. This is my first website and I am a total newbie. Everything I have done thus far in building this website has been off youtube videos. I have learned so much since becoming a member of "Affilorama" it has been so helpful. I currently don't have adequate Keywords, Backlinks, or Tags. but I am missing some over stuff too. Apparently my photos have an error but not sure what that is. So feel free to let me know where to start and what can be done. Thank you again, Tina
PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
Tina,

I am jealous. In the last couple days I looked up few sites that had been submitted in this forum, yours is EXTRAORDINARY. Without things that you mentioned, your site looks AMAZING. I try to come back here and provide some constructive feedback whenever I can.

Did you use AffiloJetpack?
Learn Affiliate marketing step by step with AffiloBlueprint - https://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint?aff=gar4on

PremiumMember
tinar27
Trust:
Thank you, Yea am I am really pleased with my final product as far as Eye candy goes but, as far as being SEO it is a little short. Since that's what makes the money so I really need to improve that area. Thank you again for your input ;)
daddynanny
Trust:
Ooooh, Sacred Places! I love this topic specially now that I frequent going to different ancient ruins in Mexico. Whenever I am in any one of those places, I get this spiritual and reinvigorating feeling that I can't explain. I'll be going again this winter.

More contents for your site, BTW.
mark schaaf
Trust:
I like the looks and layout. The only thing I would change is to slow down how fast your main subject change in the middle of the page, it makes it too hard to read if it changes that fast.
Mark

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
Hi Tina,
I have checked your website and analyzed few things:-
1) Firstly, you need to change the favicon of the website. it is not a customized favicon for the website.
2) I have checked that Title length is exceeding 60 characters which is not acceptable by Google search engine.
3) There is a need to work on image size. It is too large.
4) LinkedIn link added on social media widget is not redirecting to the website LinkedIn profile page.

The website is good, but it need to get polished that will help it to rank well with target keywords on search engines.
saikatbanerjee24
Trust:
Great job ! I have a similar site as well.... www.weightlossmagnet.com/blog...
r.valbrun40
Trust:
your site look good. I am seeing that the pages are are from other sites . It is great
and very atractive to look . It would be good to put some of your idea also.

Thank you
vivianr330
Trust:
Hi Tina,

I love your site! Also love the fact that the top navigation bar disappears or shrinks as I go down the page.

On my browser your the address for the pages appear with numbers; for example:
http://myhealthybodyandsoul.com/15/
http://myhealthybodyandsoul.com/14-mindzoom/

I'm wondering whether that is because you have numbered tips (?).

Very impressive for a "newbie" ! Great job!

Best,

Vivian
christesoriero66
Trust:
saikatbanerjee24 wrote:Great job ! I have a similar site as well.... www.weightlossmagnet.com/blog...

Hi saikatbanerjee24,
I noticed your website is setup like an optin/squeeze page. That is also my aim from previous trainings in Inbox Blueprint with Anik Singal.

Did you have all of this outsourced, or setup through The Affilorama Jetpack Wordpress software?

I'm looking to outsource my website customising as its not an area I intend to become proficient in. Develop your strengths manage your weaknesses type approach.

Your site looks quite good by the way. I like it.

Cheers,
Chris
aukai
Trust:
Overall I like the ambience and the way you have set up the topics. Most of us need the information you are working to offer us. So make it easy for us . . .

A few things to think about: The Body-Eating Habits tab goes to Get Response sales page. Cognitive dissonance. Lots of ClickBank offer that would slide right in there.

Sales pages (like that of the Healthy Mind product) can be very in your face right from the start. So I would suggest you write a small presell sales page that would take someone to the deeper sales page. Your opinion matters to the reader. And I wouldn't title it "product." You are leading your audience to where they can get help. "This made a difference in my life. It might in your life as well."

Reading your About Us page made my eyes go cross eyed because of the type and use of space (or failure to provide space).

When the internet first started the resolutions on screen was poor. So plain sans-serif type made some sense, and there wasn't much to read anyway.

But now resolutions (especially on my MacBook Pro) are fabulous. And readability studies have shown that serif type (the kind with the little filigrees) is much, much more easily read. I come from a journalism, magazine editor, copywriter, ad agency owner background where I want to make it easier for the reader.

Look at any major magazine and you will see text in serif and headlines in sans-serif (without) type. That goes especially for novels and non-fiction books. And use shorter sentences, more paragraphs and add subheads to create space and texture. Traditional newspaper and magazine typography and layout is the way it is because it works.

If you have a Kindle reader, try changing the fonts and see the difference.

I also think you could truncate your About Us story. People come to your site to help themselves. I think it is a valuable story. But I'd make it a separate category. People will come to your site new and you want them to immediately get to the content. They will go to your About page for curiosity, so just hit on a quick few notes that give you authority and refer them to your separate page where you can go into your story with depth and the reader is primed to spend the time with your story.

Even better, write your story as a small Kindle book and get it online. You'll gain authority. Put an Amazon ad on the site with your book and do a short pre-sell here, too.

These are technicalities. The overall feel of the site gives you authority that makes me trust your judgment (and I'm deep into your world).

Keep moving.
cstarwashes
Trust:
I asked for a website review please

unlockwealth.net I did the changes that were suggested
Last edited by cstarwashes on 19 Mar 16 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aukai
Trust:
Hello cstarwashes,

For me, it shouts hype!!!!! I am sympathetic to all your topics, but I would never sign on to such a site. I want to see you as an authority figure I could trust to guide me into wealth. Look at Bob Proctor's site (I just looked at). While you don't have all the authority he does behind you, why not mimic what is successful in design. I would also limit your "featured" topic to just one or two that will slide you into a narrow niche where you can find a foothold. Maybe tie it to the book offer. I love the domain name. As a copywriter, I always think in terms of what order or sequence I want someone to consumer the information. You are doing smorgasbord. Take charge.

Show someone the site and see if you can watch what he/she does with eyes and cursor. Just sit 'em down and don't say a word. Take notes.

White space almost always brings authority, like the vaulted ceiling in mansions. What is your main keyword? I would search the top domains which come up for that KW and mirror with your own tweeking. Also, get an editor/proofreader to check your text (I just misspelled "tweaking"). I've made a living writing for many years and I almost always run things through an editor. Trust me, it has saved me from many embarrassments. : )

I know this has been harsh, but I wouldn't be serving you well otherwise. What you are promoting is in great need as the world turns to entrepreneurs more and more to maintain a healthy economy.

Donal
nadya_picella
Trust:
did you delete your website? i tried to visit it but it failed.
Media buyer
Picella Ltd
S: nadyakucherenko_picella

This topic was started on Oct 20, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.