Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Website's Homepage not ranking in SERP

1deadman1
Trust:

Website's Homepage not ranking in SERP

Hello everyone, i'm in serious problem for the past 1 week, i work on small niche keyword based websites, two of my websites are having the same problem.. 1. pancardverification.com (Keyword : pan card verification) , 2.pancardapplicationform.co.in (Keyword : pan card application form)
both websites were ranking in top 5 on the very 1st page of google and remained stable for many months, suddenly just about 10-15 days before, with my keywords the home page is vanished from the SERP but on the 2nd,3rd page of google there are internal pages of my websites (which are not even optimized), the web homepage is nowhere in the search result page. I dont know the reason, i dint do anything wrong, i dont even visit my these 2 sites...
Can anyone help me?
Thanks to everyone in advance..
~DeaDmAN

wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
Hard to say why. Your site is being indexed by google when I checked. I noticed alot of ads on your site.
To me it was 50% content and 50% ads. Google does not like this now after the penguin update.
Try adding more content and more pages with high quality and relevent infomation with less ads.
Also, be careful where you are getting your backlinks from. They need to be relevent/related to your niche.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

1deadman1
Trust:
wollowra wrote:Hi,
Hard to say why. Your site is being indexed by google when I checked. I noticed alot of ads on your site.
To me it was 50% content and 50% ads. Google does not like this now after the penguin update.
Try adding more content and more pages with high quality and relevent infomation with less ads.
Also, be careful where you are getting your backlinks from. They need to be relevent/related to your niche.

Regards
Troy

Thanks man! , that is really a nice and helpful response. I'll follow that u advised..
~DeaDmAN

mark.morgan
Trust:
YOU are the only one who thinks your root URL (home page) should appear in the results for every query. Search engines treat ALL URLs as an "entry point"
1deadman1
Trust:
mark.morgan wrote:YOU are the only one who thinks your root URL (home page) should appear in the results for every query. Search engines treat ALL URLs as an "entry point"

Im not thinking that way. I said i have a niche website for that keyword and my homepage was already ranked on those keywords for a long time, but suddenly it vanished from SERP.
~DeaDmAN

industrialgears.jv
Trust:
Then you need to do more seo activities for your site. :)

This topic was started on Jun 07, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.