Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO Quake is driving me bonkers!

tangoshoes
Trust:

SEO Quake is driving me bonkers!

I've been using SEO Quake to find high ranking pages to get back links on....only problem is after about 2 serches it stops telling me page ranks ... just n/a ....even for sites I know have a page rank. What can I do?

Thanks,
Amanda
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Yeah, I've found SeoQuake to be a bit buggy from time to time too - never just for page rank though.

Check in preferences to make sure that the parameters are set up for PR. Though I don't know why it would work a couple of times and then not. Never hurts to do a reinstall either.

HTH,
Heidi
pockets
Trust:
My advice for using SEO Quake is to only turn it on when you want to analyze a certain group of top 10 pages. If you leave it on all the time you will notice it will check the stats for every site you visit. Google restricts people from doing to many automated queries (searches) so use it only when you have to and it should be fine.

If you happen to be checking out several top search rankings you will notice that a error will appear, at this point you have made too many queries and you will have to give it some time to get going again.

Also you should check out the settings and remove things like, website value etc as they are not needed

Gluck
PremiumMember
process
Trust:
Hi guys

A very obvious question to some but i'll ask it anyway.

I am in the beginning stages of learning how to back link. I cannot seem to be able to find SEO Quake turn on/off button.

The icon is at the top left hand side of my page (many refer to it as being on the bottom right ..its not there on mine)

Anyway, Google is clearly banning me from searching as I cannot switch it off. So each time i'm trying to do anything it doesnt operate.

My settings have been changed to only search Google sites and 1000 and 1000 (ms)

On advanced google searches I am changing search settings to 50 per page.

So how can I manually operate this and ensure I don't get banned by Google?

Guidance would be appreciated.

Thankyou
"When you have the choice to be right or to be kind - just choose kind"

-Stuart Wilde

faradina
Trust:
I use firefox and what I do to turn off seo quake is go to Tools > Add-ons and then I disable seo quake.
PremiumMember
process
Trust:
Thanks Faradina

As for the bottom right hand corner icon. Am I missing some part of the install procedure perhaps?

Cheers
"When you have the choice to be right or to be kind - just choose kind"

-Stuart Wilde

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Process wrote:Thanks Faradina

As for the bottom right hand corner icon. Am I missing some part of the install procedure perhaps?

Cheers

Are you using the latest version of Firefox? If not, try to install the current version.

If you continue to have problems, please send an email through our contact form at our support page and attach a screenshot.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

iancrow
Trust:
SEO quake. Thought I was going to loose my mind trying to find out how to turn on and off!
Her it is, go to view, then toolbars, then click add on bar. Look on lower right of screen. You will see the logo. Click it and refresh page to check if all is working properly!

This topic was started on Jan 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.