Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Feedback on Building Links Through Article Directories

mamagy
Trust:

Feedback on Building Links Through Article Directories

Now, I don't know anymore how useful is to use article directories for link building. I ask you for opinions, how is best to do it and where to post the articles if do it at all.

Why I do ask that? I'll explain. I know, that the worth of article marketing- using article directories have been decreased gradually over the years, still many people claim that it's useful. I, however haven't experienced anything but waste of time.

Last example- I wrote an article. Whole new one, didn't rewrite some from my own page. I spun that article to at least 65% different plus manually edited and rewrote to 5 more articles. First, I added the original article (about 900 words, good grammar and readability, useful content to Ezinearticles. And i got rejected. They still say there's grammar flaws. I checked that, made some corrections and week later got rejected again. Over a year, whenever I want to add something in EZA, I got rejected.

I then added spun articles to articlesbase, ignitepoint (ideamarketers), goarticles, triond, got all accepted, but still- no use. They don't get viewed much, so it's absolutely rubbish effect to my site I'm trying to promote.

Idk, maybe I do something wrong or leave something undone.. I'm pretty sure that at least my writing quality can't be much of a stoppage.

Instead of Article marketing, I'm trying to turn more to guest blogging and social media, especially facebook.

I don't know, building traffic has been always my Achilles' Heel, but I can't manage to get even 50 unique visitors to my site in a month, I'm feeling kinda weird already.

Any thoughts?
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi mamagy,

Link building is challenging, and at times, greatly frustrating. Sadly, article marketing is no longer what it once was, but it's far from dead. You're right on track by not relying on just one method of link building. There are various ways to gain links: social media marketing, guest posting, building link wheels, etc. The key is to find which one works for your site.

Sam's post on article marketing in the Affilorama Blog contains tips that might help you with article marketing: Is Article Marketing Dead?

All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

mark schaaf
Trust:
I know article writing still works but many people think is works for all niches but I don't think they do, I have written articles for one of my sites that got a lot of reads when I first posted it and now gets reads only once in a while whereas I wrote articles on other niches that got pretty much no reads at all. Since I wrote it and know what is in it and wrote it as well as the other article that did well I know it isn't how it is written so I just think it is the subject matter I decided the article was just something that either not that many people were interested in at all or maybe not many people coming to that article directory was interested in. So I have kind of look at where I want to post different kinds of articles. I think depending on the subject mater it can make a difference.
Mark

affiliate6
Trust:
Definitely, It is very frustrating until you find a method that works for you. It seems that video marketing is taking over articles marketing. People spend hours a day watching Youtube.
http://elifejump.com is my main home page. My business is about giving good information on how to make money online.

bernard_r
Trust:
IMHO it's a waste of time. I got some visits from EZA, but I don't think it's work for link building. Lots of people think the same. I'm focusing on Web 2.0 and scraping high PR blogs and forums to get links from.

I'm starting to think that we've been sold that you can rank a page relatively easy and that's simply not true.

Affilorama's SEO training is not enough, you have lo learn from other sources. I'm doing ot right now.
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hey all
I may be sounding a little harsh when I say this but I think that writing articles for link building is a COMPLETE waist of time. I know that the link from an article may still have some value but think about the future, even if it has value now do you think it will have any value five years from now the way Google is changing things? I HIGHLY doubt it.

If you want to submit articles for some direct traffic go ahead it is good to work on your writing skills. If you write enough quality articles they may be posted by other people to there blogs and in time may bring you lots of direct traffic. But as far as the value of the link is concerned I would not bother with it.

Just a thought.
Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

jeromejf
Trust:
i need a guy who can work spinning good to get me article sup and boosting main one
I like to blog at wwww.digitalgrog.com.au and also have a gadget website @ www.gadgetaustralia.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Affilorama's SEO training is not enough, you have lo learn from other sources. I'm doing ot right now.

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your feedback. The SEO training we offer through our free online lessons definitely need to be updated and will do so.

The SEO lessons in Affiloblueprint 3 have been updated too to accommodate the recent changes in Google. Are there any lessons in the SEO and link building section of Affiloblueprint 3 (or any Affilorama course) that you would like updated, or further expounded on?

We also publish various blogposts on link building and SEo. You may go over these on the Affilorama Blog.

I appreciate your patience and hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

jessica2
Trust:
burkhardt5 wrote:think about the future, even if it has value now do you think it will have any value five years from now the way Google is changing things? I HIGHLY doubt it.

If you are looking for a SEO/link building tactic that will still be effective in five years, I think you will be searching for a loooong time! If that is your way of measuring the success of a strategy, I'm not surprised you aren't a fan of this - or any - tactic.

Personally, we have found a lot of success with guest blogging. We only contact the highest quality blogs in a given niche. Putting in the time and effort to write one great piece that gets posted on a great site is far more beneficial than 100 spun articles posted in directories. That is just my opinion.
Working with http://chargebacks911.com/ to educate online moneymakers about chargebacks.

endy daniyanto
Trust:
mamagy wrote:I'm pretty sure that at least my writing quality can't be much of a stoppage.

You know, your experience has given me an idea: instead of writing quality articles to be distributed on article directories where people may or may not read it, why not instead place it on blogs related to your niche where people will read it, and you get the added benefit of the link?

I have never tried guest blogging, but I am thinking about using it as part of my online marketing strategy.

mark schaaf wrote:I just think it is the subject matter I decided the article was just something that either not that many people were interested in at all

I agree Mark, some niches are more appropriate to some article directories than others.

One way to measure this is to look at the total amount of articles there are in your niche or category - if it is a large amount, then it could be worthy of publishing your content there for exposure.

affiliate6 wrote:It seems that video marketing is taking over articles marketing

Yes, YouTube is probably to video marketing what Ezine Articles was to article marketing back in the day.

Not that many marketers are using video, and even the ones that do aren't using high grade professional videos - which means there is still plenty of room for us to build our presence and gain an audience for our brand or niche.

bernard_r wrote:Affilorama's SEO training is not enough, you have lo learn from other sources. I'm doing ot right now.

I agree Bernard. No offence to the Affilorama staff and Mark Ling of course, but there are better, faster places to learn the latest SEO tactics to use for higher SERP rankings.

One source I learn from is Alexander Becker at Source Wave. He is all about speed and efficiency, and the best part is that he gives 95% of what he knows for free.

I've even bought some of his products, and they aren't that different from the free information, so you can definitely get a benefit from http://source-wave.com

jessica2 wrote:If you are looking for a SEO/link building tactic that will still be effective in five years, I think you will be searching for a loooong time!

Hm, there is one SEO strategy that has been around since 2007 and is still not used by many marketers, at all: website silo architecture.

In fact, this strategy will be more and more important as we move along into the future of "semantic web". Here is an explanation on website silo architecture from a renowned expert - but let me warn you that it is a highly technical read: http://www.bruceclay.com/jp/seo/silo.htm

Cheers,
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

burkhardt5
Trust:
Thank you for your reply jessica2 and I agree with you 100%. As I said right in the beginning "I may be sounding a little harsh when I say this ". I was simply trying to stress that you should not make article link building a big part of your link building strategy as there are better ways to get quality links and I certainly agree that guest blogging is a great way to get quality links.

I believe that writing articles will always be a good way to get some long term direct traffic and we should always have a killer article in the works for our sites or for guest blogging. I myself usually have several going at once.

If you write great articles they will work there way onto other peoples blogs that may not be big now but may be huge in years to come and the blog or site owner will remember your great articles and go back for your latest work to post your work often.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.