Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Difference between a blog and a website

kallayprasanth05
Trust:

Difference between a blog and a website

I want to know about the difference between a blog and a website. There are some very informative lessons on 'how to blog' being taught at affilorama.

These lessons are of great quality and they cover every aspect of blog writing. I am of the opinion that primary business should be run on a website and a blog should revolve around that website with links to it. This way you can propel your primary website across the Internet.

Internal linking should be done with great care when blogging so each of the blog's pages are linked in a unique manner. Internal linking is in fact a strong SEO practice. What if a businessman manages only a website and does not blog at all? I want to know whether that would be a good SEO practice.

In some cases we see that a primary business is run on one of the blog's pages and all the other pages of the blog revolve around that particular page!! This practice sounds good too!

Please discuss here your opinions on running a blog and a website and which of them would be more powerful when it comes to promoting business.
wartaaldhino
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:I want to know about the difference between a blog and a website. There are some very informative lessons on 'how to blog' being taught at affilorama.

These lessons are of great quality and they cover every aspect of blog writing. I am of the opinion that primary business should be run on a website and a blog should revolve around that website with links to it. This way you can propel your primary website across the Internet.

Internal linking should be done with great care when blogging so each of the blog's pages are linked in a unique manner. Internal linking is in fact a strong SEO practice. What if a businessman manages only a website and does not blog at all? I want to know whether that would be a good SEO practice.

In some cases we see that a primary business is run on one of the blog's pages and all the other pages of the blog revolve around that particular page!! This practice sounds good too!

Please discuss here your opinions on running a blog and a website and which of them would be more powerful when it comes to promoting business.

I have a blog and a website so I really know what the difference is. On my blog I write product reviews or just reallt good content, on my blog I really try to capture emails to build my list so I can sell them later more stuff.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE FOR FREE - Click here now: http://linktrack.info/.27ua3

Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
A website may or may not have a blog section. A blog is always part of a website.

A website comprises of a lot of things- including a blog. But to simply put it, if you have a domain and a hosting set-up- that is a site.

Now with the blog, this is a part of a website (content). The blog provides you with regular posts (and usually with a stamped date on each post).

A good example of this is the Affilorama site. Affilorama is a website. The blog section of Affilorama is found on this page here: https://www.affilorama.com/blog
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

kienlube
Trust:
In my opinion, a blog is just a simple static website which can be built by simply creating a few HTML pages and publishing them to a Web server. Blogger blogspot is an example.

While, (dynamic) Websites do require any Web programming or database design to operate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sales Supervisor at Motul Vietnam
Blog: https://kien.ipemart.net/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chicagoboks
Trust:
Hi guy..

Variations between a web site along with a site are exceptionally sought in the on-line world of today's. Blogging phrases are therefore greatly utilized across the internet, that lots of newcomers get caught on the stage here. Therefore I thought why as well as the fundamental distinctions between both ways where we are able to print our articles on the web.

Joyful functioning :)
kevinr34
Trust:
My recommendation is to have both a blog as well as a website. Keeping both platforms help make your business more popular on Internet and also increase the online reputation of your business. Most companies have both blog and website to provide the relevant information to the existing and new customers. Both can help increase the online visibility of your business and helps to grow your business by ranking targeted keywords.
proxyservice
Trust:
The important distinction between blog, both types along with a site that is stationary is all about the information refreshment. The important content of web site remains precisely the same.
Proxy service offers servers to people.

https://www.localproxies.com/

unblockwebsite37
Trust:
The significant distinction between the two types, blog along with a static site is all about the content refreshment. Website's important material remains exactly the same. Although webmaster might include but the purchase where the info is introduced and extra websites couldn't be later changed.
dayannneee666
Trust:
A blog is always a website, meanwhile a website can be very diverse and it is not always a blog. Blog is easier to make, I think ( with http://www.templatemonster.com/category ... ss-themes/ , for example ) and it also can be a part of a certain website. Website is a more wide notion.
taxlawyerlosangeles
Trust:
Website's important material stays the same. Although webmaster might include but the purchase where the info is introduced and additional websites couldn't be after changed. Blogging phrases are hence greatly utilized from the other side of the web, that tons of beginners get got on the stage here. Consequently I thought why as well as the essential distinctions between both ways where we are in a position to print our posts on the net. Internal linking must be achieved with great care so all the pages of the blog are linked in a unique manner, when blogging. Internal linking is in fact a powerful Search Engine Optimization practice. What if just a web site is managed by a businessman and does not blog whatsoever? I need to understand whether that would have been a great Search Engine Optimization practice.
Tax Lawyer Los Angeles for legal advice and tax return preparation.
www.taxlawlosangeles.com

cyberjohn77
Trust:
Hey! Check this article it. It will tell you the difference between the blog and website.

5 Major Differences Between A Blog And Website
http://marketinghangout.co/u/1411/5-maj ... nd-website
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
cyberjohn77 wrote:Hey! Check this article it. It will tell you the difference between the blog and website.

5 Major Differences Between A Blog And Website
http://marketinghangout.co/u/1411/5-maj ... nd-website

Hi, I just read the article. It wonderfully says that a blog is like an online newspaper.....interesting though!
plrdeals24
Trust:
Website

[list=]Content is static.
Formal/professional.
Interactivity does not exist. There is only one-way communication.
Transactional.
Communication about products and/or services.
Almost everyone has a website. In fact, it is almost a requirement in business today.[/list]

A good way to think about a website is in terms of it being a virtual store that sells products and/or services. A website is the perfect forum to self-promote and advertise. Promotion and buying and selling are exactly what people expect when they visit a website. When they are at the point of making a purchase of some kind, they go to a website that will satisfy their needs.

They can either purchase something online directly from your website or they can use your website to find out exactly where your bricks and mortar store is located so that they can come and purchase products and/or services from you in person. Once a customer has bought something from you, there is a very high likelihood that they will not return to your store again.

It is also basically impossible to build relationships with your potential customers and existing customers on your website because the website is static. Once a person has purchased something from you, there is no potential for interactivity so the relationship will never have a chance to develop and grow.

Blog

[list=]Content is regularly updated.
Not formal.
Interactive.
Informative and educational.
Interactivity about industry/customer issues.
Some people have a blog.[/list]

A blog; however, is constantly supplying potential customers and existing customers with interesting and useful content and the blog enables them to interact with the blogger and the discussions that they have together can be potentially unending. Not only can you and your customers have discussions but they can also ask questions that you can answer.

Also, a blog provides a dimension to the content that you can’t get from your website content. Through your consistent and regular blog content, you will eventually be regarded as a subject matter expert in your niche and people will turn to you for answers. This will promote more and more discussions.

What is really being done in this case is that relationships are being developed and strengthened. Some of the people with whom you interact on your blog will never become your customers. That is perfectly acceptable. They can interact with you as much as they like and do not have to worry about any pressure to buy anything. A very important fact is that the people with whom you interact are getting to know you as a person, which includes your level of integrity, your passion for what you are doing and offering and your knowledge, knowledge that you impart to them.

Blogs have a lot of useful features that are very helpful in promoting interactivity. Blogs enable visitors to subscribe to them so they can receive updates on a very regular basis. They will always be informed when new content is added or there has been some update to the social media profiles of the people with whom they interact.

In order to really be effective, blogs should have new postings at least once or twice a week. Fresh, original content is very important. The content is exactly what attracts and retains people and many of those people will eventually become customers.

The true purpose of a blog is to provide helpful, valuable, informative and interesting content that helps other people and that they find interesting. A blog’s purpose is definitely not to advertise or to do a hard sell on anyone. If you try to use your blog in that way, you will be very disappointed with the results. You will not be able to build relationships with anyone and you most likely won’t sell very much. People don’t buy from people whom they don’t trust. The only way that they will trust you is if they get to know you.

Hope Useful to you!
hoangrapsoul
Trust:
The major difference between the two types, blog and a static website is about the content refreshment. The major content of website remains the same. Though the webmaster could add additional pages to the website to increase the content, but the order by which the information is presented could not be later changed.
tampata3
Trust:
Thanks for your question.

The major difference between the two types, blog and a static website is about the content refreshment. The major content of website remains the same. Though the webmaster could add additional pages to the website to increase the content, but the order by which the information is presented could not be later changed
Meet with a licensed tax attorney Tampa.

https://www.taxlawtampa.com/

mandy4
Trust:
Nice share.There are several similarities and differences between a blog and a website.

Similarities:

Both contain information link texts, graphics, media, pictures, keywords and links, etc.
Both can be accessed across the internet by using a URL (eg: Blog)
Both Requires a hosting in order to host the source files
Actually this is a topic where many people confuse too often, and not because it is very complex to explain or understand, but because lack of knowledge. That’s one of the reasons that motivated me to write this article, because in it, I intend to cover the topic in detail and help you understand the differences between a blog and a website and at the same time you know when to use Internet marketing strategy.
jaycee.zero
Trust:
A website and a blog are totally different, in terms of writing style. A website or website content is formal, informative, factual, and product or service-based. It is straight to the point to avoid misleading the audience.

A blog can be found in most websites. They can be found in website contents to balance the formal tone of a website. Blogs are helpful for how-to, tips, tricks and guidelines that readers can easily grasp.

Both are equally important for internet marketing. They are useful to entice more audience to your website or blog site.
johngalvin
Trust:
The website will include the blog section. The blog is about sharing and discussing a certain aspect. The website is larger (depending on the site owner)
Read more Digital marketing tools review: https://maps.google.com/url?q=http://www.ice-review.com/

elianawilliam9
Trust:
Website- Content is static.
It can be Formal or professional.
Interactivity does not exist.
There is only one-way communication.
A website is transactional.
Communication about products and/or services.
Almost everyone has a website. In fact, it is almost a requirement in business today.

Blog- Content is regularly updated.
Not formal.
A blog is Interactive.
A blog can be Informative and educational.
Interactivity about industry/customer issues.
Some people have a blog.

This topic was started on Dec 29, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.