Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Question about Clickbank Products and Refund Rates

missyox
Trust:

Question about Clickbank Products and Refund Rates

I can't afford to buy every clickbank product I am interested in promoting...but I also can't seem to find a reasonable place to get a good review on these either. I thought that if there is a high return rate on products they wouldn't be nearly as good as the ones with a low return rate. So is there a way to find out the return rate on a clickbank product?

I would think that clickbank would be sure to include that kind of information to do away with scams.

Any advice would be appreciated.
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Although Clickbank don't make this information publicly available for affiliates, they do follow up on any products with refund rates that are getting too high. I'm sure that they would eventually remove these products if the rate couldn't be reduced.

As far as scams go, Clickbank review all products submitted, so it's pretty unlikely any scams would get through.
missyox
Trust:
So there is no way of knowing the return rate of a clickbank product or if there is one clickbank product better than another unless you buy them?
superaff
Trust:
First, you are not obliged to buy all the clickbank products you are going to promote. You can ask the owner to give you access to the product (if your site is decent and up and running, most of the time the owner will send it to you for free).

Secondly, if there is a high refund rate, the product will not have a high gravity because affiliate will not waste their time promoting the product.

In fact, there is a way to "guess" the refund rate on any given product.

Here is how to do it:

1. Look at the product's price
2. Look at the commission (in %age)
3. Calculate the commission earned
4. Now, look at the dollar per sale
5. If there is a gap between the number you found in point #3 and the $ per sale, this may be an indicator that there is a lot of refunds.

Anyway, as I said above, if there are many refunds, affiliate will stop promoting it.

Plus you can also read some reviews about the products, but make sure to read between the line, because there are not that many real legitimate reviews out there...

All the best,
Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

missyox
Trust:
That is just what I was looking for...thanks.
danwardrope
Trust:
Clickbank do have some pretty 'dodgy' products on their system I would have to say... From experince even some of the best sellers can be duds. Not a scam, but not something I would like to send to my list. You will lose their trust.

Be careful and buy if its only $30 (through your link) if you are serious about promoting. Its all education anyway - and even if you pick up a one tip its probably worth $15!

Dan

This topic was started on Dec 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.