Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

What's the next step after choosing a program to promote?

luisthehomie
Trust:

What's the next step after choosing a program to promote?

what are the steps in affiliate marketing after you choose a program to promote whats next?
PremiumMember
stewane
Trust:
Hey Luis,

I would say you need to do keyword research to find out what are the keywords people are searching for that product...and IF you are doing some sort of organic traffic source, you need to know how strong the competition is to rank for that term...one of the BIGGEST mistake you can make is to choose a keyword that is too hard to rank for.. anyways..try the google keyword tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

- also, try to remember that I hope your product you select is a good product - many gurus say to choose a product that basically sells itself and maybe fits into these 3 basic "needs" categories: Health, Money, Relationships (ex. rapid weight loss, make money working from home, getting a date tonight for men)
faradina
Trust:
After choosing your product and keywords, you need to work on creating content or your website.You can write articles yourself or outsource them. The main thing to remember when creating content is that it should be unique and highly relevant to your chosen keywords.
luisthehomie
Trust:
i know that much not to compete with the big guys but after i pick the keywords Do i make a sqeeze page or a website with good content... but there things out there that iv downloaded that give me free sources on websites on how to host n methods for free traffic etc my only problem is I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
putting it all together is the hardest part. Mark's Affiloblueprint is the best action plan. he and Aletta hold your hand every step of the way to build your site quickly.

You will find a lot of systems out there for how to build your sites, and lots of free infromation. Some people can take the tips found here and elsewhere, and put them together to start their business. However, if you want the step by step plan, you will need to invest a little bit of money into a program. It can be hard, especially in this tough economy, but you will either have to invest money into training or months of testing and trying different things until you find something that works.

now, once you pick your keywords, you need to start writing articles. I recommend starting with about 10 to start building up your site. these articles should be informative and help your readers. Email squeeze pages will come a little later. Start out with getting some content on a site, and indexed by search. It will take a few months for the search engines to trust a new site, so you want to get it started asap.
If you don't know coding, and dont have a program like Xsite Pro, i recommend using WP to build your site. AB has a great theme for building websites in WP and it keeps them clean and uncluttered.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

lerryj
Trust:
After you choose a program to promote, you should determine what keywords will work for your product and how to use them to guarantee you make money. One way is to build your own theme-based content site. The site should be loaded with high info-vaule keyword-focused content pages that rank well with the search engine and get the "click throughts" to your merchants' sites. For your site to generate traffic to your merchants, is must do two things well..
1) Rank well at search engine so that it pulls in lots of targeted traffic. So you should learn something about SEO.
2) Get those visitors to click throught to your merchant.
Earn Hign Commission from Online Shopping Store - Sourciangmap Affiliate Program:

luisthehomie
Trust:
what about promoting products with out a website i think i have the potential to do email list building and squido lens is that good for me??
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
luis,

do you want a real business, or are you just playing? i am not meaning to be harsh with that, but it is a valid question. if you rely on free sites, you give complete control of your business to the owner of that site.
If they change their rules, you are out of business literally over night.
Also, as for email marketing, you would have to own your own domain.
most of the free sites like hubpages and squidoo don't allow you to put an opt in box on their site. you can use them to build traffic to your site, which is what Mark teaches here. however, you cannot run a real business on a property that you don't have complete control over.

Also, owning your own website gives you an asset that you can sell. If you build up a site with say 30-40 good articles,with a nice design, and work to build even up to 50 visitors a day, which is not that hard, you can then turn around and sell that site for several hundred dollars.
If you are relying on free sites, you don't have an asset that you can sell.
Of course, building that site into one that makes even one sale a week will increase the price that you can get by flipping it, but just building the site will bring in a good chunk of cash.

Don't waste your time trying to build a business using free sites. IF you can't afford $20 to start your business, and invest 10/ month for hosting, then there are options to make that money quickly.
as you learn how to build and market a site, you will be learning valuable skills that you can sell.
IF you need some cash, you can simply set up a service to offer to other marketers and earn a little cash while you build up your site.

When I set up my first service, I was offering article writing for $5/ article. I did not get rich doing it, but it made enough money that I could keep working on my sites and building up my own business. I had cash in my pocket within 2 days of setting it up. Now, I have built up a client list, and I have some people who pay up to $25/ article. it took time to build it up to that, but start off really cheap, and you will find people willing to take a chance. then as your skills improve, you can start charging more.

You can look at all you have learned to do, and you will find other people willing to pay for that service.

You could do social bookmarking, article writing, create graphics, do article submissions to directories, spin articles, create videos out of articles, and any number of services that will help other marketers, and give you a little cash to reinvest in building your own websites up.

It takes a lot of work to make this succeed, but you can do it. The great thing is that if you build up your services, you have something to work with. I have gotten many good products, and services from other marketers without spending any cash, simply by trading my services.
once you are doing that, you should be able to pay for webhosting, and build your own site that you control rather than putting control of your business to the whims of whover owns the free site that you use.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

luisthehomie
Trust:
ok i totally understand but the thing is im not good with html and website building im not trying to GET RICH QUICK is that from the lesson ive learned here at affilorama the said ppc is a good start then work your way into website building i want this longterm but putting it all together is my biggest problem
luisthehomie
Trust:
another thing is, if i make a website and a domain for a product im promoting how am i suppose to keep up with all those domain you make per product like im pretty sure people promote up to ten twenty domains at a time ..
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it comes with time. the thing is, by the time you have more than say 5 domains to manage, you should be outsourcing 80% of the work anyway giving you more time to plan, analyze sites, and work on your business rather than in it.

however, you don't need 20 domains anyway. most of the successful marketers don't have a lot of niche sites, they have 5 or 6 sites, and focus on building those sites up. You have to realize, people like Mark, who own lots of niche sites, are not working from home. they are working in an offfice with a full time staff working under them.

This topic was started on May 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.